by Sandra Miller
Back Bay Sun
Last month, an electrical short circuit sparked a fire that caused more than a million dollars in damages and shut down Atlantic Fish restaurant and Crate and Barrel on Boylston Street.
Crate and Barrel opened its doors on Black Friday, but so far, Atlantic Fish still has no opening date, said spokesperson Amy Daniels. “We’ve been hard at work getting the restaurant back in shape for mid-January,” she said.
However, Daniels noted that they were able to relocate the majority of the Atlantic Fish staff to other areas around the Back Bay Restaurant Group. Chef Tim Partridge is working at Abe & Louie’s. “One of our hostesses is working in the support center in payroll and marketing projects,” added Daniels. “We have our staff working all over so they can still collect pay around the holidays.”
In the meantime, holiday parties and other scheduled dinners were also relocated to the chain’s other area restaurants: Abe & Louie's, Atlantic Fish, Coach Grill, Bouchee, Papa Razzi, Joe's American Bar and Grill and Charley's.
“It was an unfortunate time of the year for this to happen, but like everything in life, Back Bay Restaurant Group has made the best of it, and we’ve really done a good job looking out for our employees,” she said.
And while they’re rebuilding the restaurant, Atlantic Fish owners decided that, design wise, “We decided not to change a thing.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment